Now with special sauce.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Apathy and Human rights...


There are some that feel that negativity in any form is harmful. I know people who don't wish to hear about the horrible things happening in the world. Not because they don't care or don't have compassion...but because they have too much. I know people who believe that you get what you focus on and, therefore, choose not to listen to or focus on atrocities that occur in the world around them. They would rather focus on and perpetuate good. I would as well. But there are some things that just don't even feel real...until you hear about them from someone whether you want to or not. And while I don't think they need to be focused on, I think they need to be acknowledged, because they are happening. Now. Not 1000 years ago. They are happening now, and we should acknowledge them as if they are happening to those we love, because they may as well be. I have no idea what my aim is in posting this on a blog. All I know is that in this day and age...with the ability for information to spread as quick as this (and it took me a month to read about it), it is unacceptable to ignore this part of our reality simply because it doesn't feel good to consider. Apathy in any form as it relates to concern for another human is, in my opinion, atrocious. So, as we consider our own human rights...I hope we will also consider hers, as they are one and the same. Absolutely no one on earth deserves this.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/document&183;php?id=ENGPRE200810317930

No comments: